I decided to give up on the plain text stuff and am now using WordPress. I’ve managed to import all the old posts, although they need to be fixed up with correct dates and categories and stuff.
Old links are temporarily broken, I need to figure out how to do some rewrite hacking to fix that. I’m also thinking about updating the theme to be the same barebones that I was using. Fun projects. In the meantime, commenting should work subject to some moderation.
Update: Fixed all the timestamps to be synced with my local copy.
Update 2:All old links should now redirect to the new page. Time to mess with the theme.